Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

delete

• Please log in to reply

ajp1673

ajp1673

• Pip
  • 4 posts
delete

Edited by ajp1673, 07 September 2006 - 11:58 AM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
get your husband his own computer and tell him to keep his hands off yours? :tazz:

What kind of connection? Dial up, or broadband?

Malware infection on one account (his?)?

ajp1673

ajp1673

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
delete

Edited by ajp1673, 07 September 2006 - 11:59 AM.

Nait Dawg

Nait Dawg

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
A runtime error like that can be caused by certain spyware or Malware....ran into that problem myself the other day on shut down. However...in XP, when you are using multiple users at the same time, it's not A-typical for there to be trouble like this. Multiple user accounts have been known to cause all kinds of networking issues. Does it do the same thing when he is online and you switch over to your account and try to get on?

ajp1673

ajp1673

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
delete

Nait Dawg

Nait Dawg

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Then I would say it's an internet explorer issue. What I mean is, that the internet explorer is reading as "in use" which would cause a runtime error. Or something to that affect. I'm inclined to ask (though I'm sure you already have) have you done all your Microsoft updates. There may be an internet explorer security update that is missing.

ajp1673

ajp1673

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
delete

Nait Dawg

Nait Dawg

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
It probably is mostly up to date, but new updates come out every week or so. I'm not saying it will definately fix it, but it's a shot. If it doesn't fix it, try Using a Mozilla or netscape on your ID and letting him stick with Internet explorer. Pretty sure that will work.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what's the problem with closing the browser before switching users?

Nait Dawg

Nait Dawg

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Uh.....forgetfulness? I dunno. *laughs* I don't really see a problem with that accept that I'm a tech and if my computer has an error message I want to fix it....not just ignore it or avoid it. But...it's not going to hurt anything to do it that way, and for all I know it could be the only way to fix the problem.