Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my computer

• Please log in to reply

sardeas

sardeas

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
when I select "my computer" from the start menu it is very slow to load and shows a flashlight icon???? This is relatively new. Thanks Sarah

Advertisements

Nait Dawg

Nait Dawg

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Gonna need a tad bit more information. Have you made any rescent changes to your system hardware....(IE added a new hard drive, new CD drive, floppy drive?) Have you scanned it for viruses and spyware? and does the entire system seem to be running slowly as well, or is just when you open My Computer?

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
do you have any network drives

sardeas

sardeas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
hello again,
I just completed a scan on AGV and it detected a virus called Jave/ByteVerify...thanks

Nait Dawg

Nait Dawg

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Edited to remove advice. Nait..again. You can NOT give ANY type of Malware related advice anywhere on the site until you have graduated GeekU. :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Farooq

Farooq

• Pip
  • 1 posts
May ure windows need new installation due to some virus or may be existing one are quite corupt

Nait Dawg

Nait Dawg

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I didn't know you considered that Malware...Sorry

sardeas

sardeas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
hello I am following links under malware help and am stuck on this when i go to this page i can not see the download button or is it something that requires payment??? thanks sarah

Step One: Scan for Spyware/Adware
Ad-aware SE - Download - Home Page
1) Download and install.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
The word DOWNLOAD is the download button link