Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PLease Help Me!

• Please log in to reply

ComputerDesperate

ComputerDesperate

• Pip
  • 4 posts
OKay please bear with me my smart people I'm not very computer savvy....

Here goes: for the past month or so my internet explorer has been acting up... I can't get into some websites and if i do get on let's say gap.com there are no pictures just text and it looks weird.. also on some websites I try to click on things and it says all the way at the bottom javascript void and doesn't let me go any further... I also can't open my windows media player on my desktop ...

can anyone please help me in this situation?.. Thanks Everyone!!

Advertisements

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
I would completely sweep the machine for virus's, trojans and spyware and run Hi-Jack this. If you're using an older version of IE, then upgrade to the newest version. That may solve the problem.

As far as java is concerned. Go into add/remove programs and remove java. Then go to www.java.com and download a fresh copy. Once installed you can go back to www.java.com and test it.

Or you could switch over to FireFox. You'll need java for FireFox.

ComputerDesperate

ComputerDesperate

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
so yea that didn't work, I tried downloading the java and I still can't get into some websites.. Does anyone have any more suggestions??? PLease help me my computer is vital to my college career!!

ComputerDesperate

ComputerDesperate

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
^^^

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Sounds like you need to play with your settings. Go to tools and then internet options and then privacy. Move the slider down. And then go to security and play with that. Sounds like your pages aren't loading.

If that doesn't work, check out my signature for running adaware, posting a hijack this log.

ComputerDesperate

ComputerDesperate

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks but I tried that...:tazz:

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.