Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running at peak performance!

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well 1280x1024 is the optimum res for most games, not to high as to make detial to small and hurt your eyes but not to low as to be grainy. Most people dont have monitors that can run at that and cards generally drop significantly in performance at res above 1280x1024 should still be better than the 9800 but often games will auto detect certain settings for the card so on a 9800 you dont get HDR but it would be enabled on the x800 stuff like that, I would manually adjust your settings it may just be you have a little to much AA on, also the CPU will be bottlenecking the card slightly.

Advertisements

ATG

ATG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
How do I check and see if AA is on????

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Check it isnt enablened in catalyst control as if it is it can try and apply it itself automatically Then the game will do it as well, in games you have the auto settings like medium, high etc, but you can manually adjust settings as well, i can run most games at high as long as i dont have 6x superAA enabled, so i set it to high go to advanced and lower AA, and if it doesnt work lower some of the less important/noticable settings. But i dont really have to turn most settings down much on this pc.

ATG

ATG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Cool will check all the setting out...as far as I know the control center for ATI is all set to let program choose. As far as the game goes I do adjust some of the settings from time to time......Don't remember seeing anything that says AA