Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE not working!

• Please log in to reply

Llanos19

Llanos19

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Yesterday I was confronted with what I think is malware or even spy or adware when I started IE. Everything went berserk, windows kept popping up, in my CTRL>ALT>Delete controls, there were things there that I never saw before. And when I did a check up through one of my cleanup programs (Don't know if that was a good idea or not) It said some registry files were missing.

I noticed some files on the ctrl>alt>delete command that said:
koiu.exe
newnet.exe
vcmoreiex.exe
Dwwin.exe
wgse.exe
mc-110-12-000166.exe
winsysban.exe
inst_0004.exe

And I have no idea what these things are. Now when I go to start up IE or Firefox, I get a "page cannot be displayed" message. But my internet connection is on, my ISP is functioning perfectly. ...It's like there's something blocking IE from reaching my perfectly running internet source.

2. btw, I still have McAfee popping up and telling me that:

The file C:\WINDOWS\System32\OLEADLM.dll is infected by the \W32/Alemod.dll virus and cannot be cleaned.

IS there any way to get that fixed?

Help would be appreciateed.
-Llanos19

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Llanos19

Llanos19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I tried most of that but was left with little to no results. Because I'm not able to get to the internet on my comp, the certain tasks needed to perform them from the internet couldn't be performed.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
since you can't get on the internet with that machine...skip to the part about posting a hijackthis log....dl hijack this on the computer you're currently useing...and transfer it over on a floppy...you'll be having to dl alot of stuff on the current computer and transfering it over...but you deffinitely need to get that stuff cleaned out before you can be helped any further in this thread..

Llanos19

Llanos19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Should I post the log here or on the other thread?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
in the malware forum..the one that says "hijackthis logs go here"

Llanos19

Llanos19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts