Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI TV Wonder USB 2.0 tv tuner

• Please log in to reply

falcon23

falcon23

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm interested in buying a tv tuner for my laptop. I have a Dell 6000 and its about 8 months old. I have 6 usb 2.0 ports so thats not a problem , but I wanna know if my pc is fast enough to run this tv tuner with good quality. My Dell has a 1.3ghz Celeron M processor with 256MB of DDR2 Ram and Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900. I can't get a hold of ATI for help at all. I've tried looking for an email for support and nothing and tried their phone support and have gotten nothing but busy signals every time. I'm desperate for some info here.

I've also researched Hauppauges WinTV PVR USB2 tuner. Its alot more expensive at $149 which has a remote which I can go without for now , and ATI's goes for $99 retail. I'm leaning more towards ATI's tuner as its cheaper and I've heard fairly good reviews by most but not so good from a lesser few. Its so hard to know which review to believe.

I wanna use this tuner for my laptop on a road trip to Arizona with a relative of mine and I wanna be able to have us both watch different things in the hotel if we want via a splitter. I don't know if most hotels use satelite or cable for their tv service so I don't know if their would be conflicts with this. Thanks if anyone can help me here.

Edited by falcon23, 03 February 2006 - 05:21 PM.

Advertisements