Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What do you think?

• Please log in to reply

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
http://www.dell.com/...s/ces/index.htm

... I wonder how good... I have a feeling not as good as its cracked up to be.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
looks amazing to me. But it'll dig REAL deep into anyones pocket by the look of the spcs.
James

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Dell is great with good computers, except when one has a question or of very simple problem, then there is noone to ask in person, so Dell owners tend to be the majority of people who bring their comperter into the shop to have x or y done to it. So I am not saying they are bad, no I think the very good as long as you can do everything for yourself or have a friend who can do it for you, otherwise one hasn't much choice but to try doing things by telephone or email. Example, fixing a rooter, changing resolutions, configuring Outlook express, etc., all things which a Dell thinks you can do for yourself but people aren't as computer savy as they think, and so they turn up saying "Yes, I know I didn't buy it here but who else can I go to?

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts

Dell thinks you can do for yourself but people aren't as computer savy as they think.

That's what forums like these are for.. we have awesome tech support here, who needs Dell support? :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
When it gets to high end systems dells value for money plumets to as bad as everyone else, only compounded by there poor selection of parts, intel cpus and cheapo gfx cards for home systems is a bad choice to me considering an AMD cpu is cheaper and more suited to task and would allow a greater budget for better standard gfx card in there systems.

My cousin has a dell and it was an awful lot of money for a pc that has an x600 and its primary use is gaming, not good. At least it has PCI-E which alot dont from dell, they arent as bad as others for modifying hardware to prevent easy upgrades but they still modify bios in some cases which is bad and put in woeful cooling.

And the renegade, a gaming computer with an intel cpu, very poor choice no serious gamer would touch that with a barge pole if they had any sense towards performance and value for money.