Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Help Needed

• Please log in to reply

CHAOSKILLER

CHAOSKILLER

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I hope you guys can help me. Im not so good at solving computer problems and really need help on this one.

SO anyway i have an Hp L2000 special edition laptop with bluetooth and wireless capabilities built in. Now the other day i was playing the rainbow 6: 4 demo and i froze ( i think. my mouse stops working occasionally and i didnt think about checking the touchpad.) And when i turned it back on the little Icon that shows the computer with the radio waves coming out of it WAS GONE. I couldn't even get any iternet whatsoever. Now i own a Linksys SRX 200 wireless adapter. I dont think that has anything to do with it because its running fine. Now when i was looking for a way to solve the problem i went to the device manager.

I got the dreaded yellow exclamation point circle on the following items:

Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
Ethernet Controller
Mass storage Controller
SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller

Now this is the second time i have had this problem. The last time all i did ( after reinstalling EVERYTHING and have all my files become unusable but still being on my Laptop) was to plug it into my comcast high speed internet and after a couple shutdowns and restarts it magically appeared again ! So i have been trying the same thing again but to no avail.

PLZ HELP ME!

Edited by CHAOSKILLER, 04 February 2006 - 09:57 PM.

Advertisements

CHAOSKILLER

CHAOSKILLER

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Also i noticed when i had this problem whenever i start up my laptop i get the message

Press <F1> to resume, <F2> to setup

whenever i get this message i can only press F1. F2 doesnt do anything.
Whenever this occurs i dont have my wireless internet.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN

that looks like your driver for the wirless card has gone south...hace you tried updating it?