Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need some info on Guild Wars

• Please log in to reply

mellow_tripper

mellow_tripper

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I have never played anything like a Massive Multi, the closet would be Diablo 2 LOD but I think that a farcry from this game. I just saw that it was free, no dues like everquest WOW so on and the graphics seemed good. Just wondering if anyone around here has or does play it? :tazz: Thanks

Advertisements

mellow_tripper

mellow_tripper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I guess is anyone out there playing this game currently who could help me out in game, just guide me a little bit, I have been reading alot of FAQ tutorials and so on so I have some idea but having someone that can help you in the game is always a huge plus. Thanks :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Is it not just a certain period you get free before you have to start paying a subscription on guild wars.

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Actually no

Guildwars has no subscripion requirement, but you not downloading 100's of patches like Ultima Online.

They will pay for the servers by selling any and all patches/downloads/updates to the game.

mellow_tripper

mellow_tripper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Well like if you have ever looked or been in any of the Diablo servers they are free of charge and although they have quite a bit of people spamming you and what not it's always remained free. Although you get what you pay for I assume, lots of crashes and bugs etc there when I used to play. I was just looking to see if anyone around here plays the game because I don't know a single sole who does and it's always better to go into something like that with someone who can help you along the way you know? Thanks for the comments so far and hey if you guys haven't checked it out yet I would reccomend it. :tazz:

Mycah

Mycah

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Guild wars is by far the best Massive Only RPG out there today, Good GFX, Game play is very good, and no monthly fees, all you have to do is buy the installsion disk, and you get everything you need to start playing. I would suggest this as your first, its very good.

They also have a new expansion coming out too, looks good.

And about the patches, If you buy guild wars online, its already all patched, and most patches are already on the disks when you buy them, if there not, then its certainly takes no time to download it, they have veryyy fast servers.

All and all its a very good investment and I would suggest buying it.

If you need any help, feel free to ask me, my user names are:

Warlord Mycah
and
X Dreamweaver X

Enjoy and GL ^^