Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Hotmail

• Please log in to reply

Critter

Critter

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I downloaded several Windows Updates and since then I cannot view my Hotmail account. I can access it from another computer, so the problem must be with my computer. I tried going back to the Windows Updates, thinking that's what started the problem. Everytime I go there, I get a message either saying "Explorer has caused an error in MSHTML.DLL" or "Explorer has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL".
In my Hotmail account, it asks for my password. I put it in and click Sign In. The next page I get is blank, but it says Done in the lower left corner.

Advertisements

NeilA

NeilA

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Firstly reset all of your advanced settings in internet explorer as well as the security zones. It may be caused by security and ability to use secure sockets layer pages.

If you still have the problem then try reinstalling IE.

hope that helps.

NeilA

NeilA

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Clear your cache as well. Thats your temp internet files.

barbtech

barbtech

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I had the same problems with hotmail. Suddenly, I kept getting a blank page and couldn't get into hotmail. I tried ALL the online solutions that I could find. None worked. I went onto msn and placed a support request for the hotmail. After one day everything worked back the way it did before. Second day I received and email saying that the problem was on their side and it was now fixed.
I would have been working forever trying to fix the problem if I didn't notify support via the MSN support request.

Hope this helps someone else who was like me, just about to pull their hair out!

P.S. Hotmail only offers support via email, so I had to be patient.