Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

This is so confuzing

• Please log in to reply

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
:) :) :) Im haveing the harshest issue here...I had no other place to look for help...Im using windows 98 SE and I finished my telus installer for whatever it was complaining i didnt have installed...then It said I need to place the VitrualTruck cd into the cdrom drive to complete installation...Now I dont have this disk and my other main issue is i cant find a usb port driver for my webcam...it used to work b4 i reformaated this P.O.S It had a CABO 2 driver...now it says i got a kodak in there but i have a kensington...and its installed correctly but now it wont work... :) :) Im really giving up...where do i find a driver for the usb ports...I looked at the kensington sites...mydownloads.com...everything...can you help? :tazz: :)

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got / did you have NTL

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
NTL?? English please? I dont think so anyways :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It's an ISP

Can you click start then run, type msconfig then press enter then click start up to look for a virtual truck entry or entries, if there, remove the tick(s), click apply then reboot

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
there is nothing there for VT or virtual truck...but im mainly concerned on getting the usb ports to work the virtual truck thing can suffer in its own window

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools, system information, tools then run system file checker and replace any files it asks for from the 98SE CD then reboot

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
but what if i dont know where to specify the path or where a file like hmm setupx.dll is??is it still on the windows 98 disc? i hope your right :tazz:

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
the file isnt on win98se where would it be?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When it says restore from, it will say D:\Windows98SE or E:\Windows98SE so check the CD is in the drive it is looking for

It is on the 98SE CD but you can skip that one

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
it says nothing else is missing
what now?
the camera still dont work and there are no usb drivers and i still cant figure it out

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check with this

http://support.micro...b/258773/EN-US/

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
EVERYTIME I TRY TO GET TO THE CAMERAS AND SCANNERS IT STOPS RESPONDING... and when i was able to...It wont read the kensington camera and no that site did not help me at all...im missing something and i dont know what and niether does this computer unless i dont know where to look

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Switch off all the USB devices then remove all the USB leads from the back of the PC

You can right click my computer, click properties, click device manager, scroll down to Universal Serial Bus Controllers, click the + then right click each entry and click remove, confirm, remove all of them then reboot

When it gets back to the desktop, insert a USB Lead and then switch the device on

snugglezthedeathcat

snugglezthedeathcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
ok im talking about the usb ports for cameras like a webcam....and i dont have that option to scroll anywhere im using windows 98 not mellinium.....there is no option for universal serial bus controllers to do that anyways...is my computer dead or something

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Sorry for the delay, I had to install the screen capture onto 98SE

If you right click my computer, click properties then click device manager, it is at the bottom