Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Word hanging indents

• Please log in to reply

acmatters

acmatters

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Okay, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I figured out how set it so a paragraph will indent at my first tab stop. How do I set up the formatting so that it will automatically indent the paragraph to whatever tab stop I direct the paragraph until I hit the return? For example:

1. Assume this is a tab stop and I want the entire paragraph indented under the A in Assume. That I can do by going to Format, Paragraph, Indentation.

Now let's say I want the number 1. tabbed to the first tab stop, then I want the paragraph to indent to the second tab stop. How do I set it up so it will do that? I hope you follow what I mean. What I want it to do is when I tab, align all text to that tab until I hit a return at which time it should go back out to the left margin.

This is easy in WordPerfect. You just hit an F7 key and the text stays there until you hit return. There must be an easy way to do this in Word too.

Can anyone help? This just makes me crazy, and I'm sure it's probably something simple.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
in microsoft word...in the help option type in hanging indent..