Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best Music Player?

• Please log in to reply

hawthorn

hawthorn

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
I know this is a very difficult question to answer as everyone will have different favourites, but I have used itunes up to now and found it ok. Did find the volume lower than WMP. Also the way all tracks you import from cd are listed seperatley and not by album/folder. Have recently on various forums seem a few problems with itunes....V6 seems to be a bit troublesome. I have V4

So just wondering could anyone point out the pros and cons of say, Itunes, Windows Media Player, Winamp, or any other ones?? Sorry if this has been discussed to death before, if so you may point me to where, and thatll be fine. Also if this is thwrong place for this post, apologies.

K

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
biggest problem with itunes? it's made by apple....it will canabalize all your music so that you can't use it with other programs...did i mention it's made by apple?

biggest problem with wmp? it's made by MS....but that said...it's easy to use...installed with windows...easy to upgrade...yadda yadda yadda...it's usually good enough for most things

biggest problem with winamp? i have yet to find one....i love winamp...it almost always works...it supports most movie and audio formats...and is just...well good in all respects..

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
GO the lammas, i like winamp as well, was converted by a freind, i used to use sonicstage(before they made it into connect and ruined it) been using winamp for a couple of years now. Winamp is the bee knees, low memory usage, plays anything the best visualiser and skin support on any player ive ever seen. Lots of features even on the free version and the pro is pretty cheap. Its also the easiest ive found for finding things when you have almost two weeks worth of music on your computer finding the music you want can be tricky.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the bees knees? going to a speak easy later scott? would you like a mint julip? or a nice cup of sweet tea?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Just an expresion man, never had a mint tulip but ill try anything with alcohol these days(its the student way), and you keep your crazy american tea away from me, tea is supposed to be HOT with Milk and a little sugar, not this cold uber sugar kind you drink HOT with milk i tell you(Sorry the abuse of tea is something i take seriously many an all nighter has been sustained by tea)

I find it hard to find good expresions as scottish is hard to translate well into words. That and so many scottish expressions are quite offensive when you dont know they actually arent insults. SO awa and bile yir heed big man.

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
my favourite is realplayer. i hate itunes (deleted my videos off my ipod). i dont mind windows media player but it doesnt work. i posted a topic but nobody could find an answer. get realplayer

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I dunno traditionally real player is in the same kind of boat as Itunes and quicktime, it is slightly better, but they used to be so similar you could hardly tell between them. Its quite a resource hog for a player as well, but its RVMB video format is pretty good for low compression and high quality.

carbuncle

carbuncle

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Tried Winamp and yes its good but for me I like JetAudio, free and there is nothing it cant or wont play.

bmt134

bmt134

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Foobar over the rest if you care about SQ.

iTunes is good for song management.

Winamp 2.xx is good. Anything higher and its just a waste of time.