Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Volume too low

• Please log in to reply

KALI-ALI

KALI-ALI

• Pip
  • 8 posts
The volume coming from my speakers is very low. I have checked all the settings for volume and everything looks ok. I checked the connections and it looks fine. I tried a different pair of speakers and got the same result so I don't think it is the speakers. It was working fine not that long ago and I have not changed anything (hardware, software, settings). What controls the volume for the sound? Does the soundcard control volume? I get sound but it is very low even though I put the volume to the top. Thanks.

Kali-ali

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you tried updating the drivers for your sound card?

KALI-ALI

KALI-ALI

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I went into device manager and selected the option to check driver updates and it said I had the latest drivers. I checked the properties for the sound card and everything looked ok. I checked the settings for the volume controls and that looked ok. I checked all the connections and hooked up a different pair of speakers to see if it was the speakers but both sets had low volume.

Kali-ali