Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

emachines 555/755

• Please log in to reply

itsonlymeere

itsonlymeere

• Pip
  • 2 posts
please can any 1 help me i work in a youth club the kids have trashed windows i have 2 disk 2 reinstall windows the first disk works it puts windows on but second disk will not put drivers on can any 1 help thanks :tazz:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Me thinks the kids knew what they were doing when they saw the eMachines logo :tazz:

But anyway, drivers should be available on the eMachines website.

itsonlymeere

itsonlymeere

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Me thinks the kids knew what they were doing when they saw the eMachines logo :tazz:

i have tried but cannot find drivers

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi itsonlymeere...

Try this...Go to Device Manager (right-click My Computer, select Properties, click the Hardware tab, click the Device Manager button). Look for any entries in the resulting list marked with a Yellow ! or ? and expand (click +) the catagories that are so marked.

Put the drivers cd into the drive. Right click on each device, choose Properties, click on the Driver tab, and then click on the Update Driver button. Make sure that the CD-ROM drive is selected as a place to search and have the wizard search for the drivers on the disk. Reboot after each driver has installed.

If no joy with that, download Everest Home Edition, install it, run it, and generate a report (either HTML or Plain Text). Attach the log here for me. (you may have to zip this file to attach it, it's pretty big) This will give us the information to help you find the correct drivers.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 07 February 2006 - 09:17 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

have you ever been to the emachines website? heheheh that thing sucks...and alot of the older emachines...weeell they just don't show up there..

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

have you ever been to the emachines website? heheheh that thing sucks...and alot of the older emachines...weeell they just don't show up there..

Which is why I used the word "should".

Anyway eMachines that are still going over THIS side of the pond are even more difficult to find drivers for; their UK drivers support doesn't even exist beyond the chipset drivers. So unless one has a restore CD, you're stuffed basically.