Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems accessing control panel

• Please log in to reply

sbroumley

sbroumley

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello all. Hopefully someone can help me out. Whenever I try to get into my contol panel. I.E. click on start to control panel, click. The window comes up and then I get an error: "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I click on the To see what data this error report contains : Error Report :AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: shell32.dll
ModVer: 6.0.2900.2763 Offset: 0002ac20

After I click send report my taskbar dissappears and the reappears. So far nothing I have been able to find on this error to fix it has worked. I don't know what to do. Thanks for your help.

Stan

Advertisements

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
is it a windows xp sp2 that u r using??

sbroumley

sbroumley

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes. I went to the Windows website to find out which version I have. It said I already had SP2 installed.

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
do u have the sp2 cd with u??

sbroumley

sbroumley

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No. Don't know where it is.