Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xbox 360 Trouble - System Link With Call of Duty 2

• Please log in to reply

2Dangerous

2Dangerous

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello a freind and me decided we wanted a System Link. It seams when we came to connect it it failed to work reason I post this new thread is when seaching on google i saw this thread. Basicly we get same trouble as this link below. I have tried to seach fourms and I may well be looking in the wrong section but I cant seam to get a connection for the system link we have treid via a switch and used normal network cables. We have then used a direct connection and thats been done via a Cross Over cable. Microsofts web site says turn console off and unplug before you plug the network cables in. We have done this we have tried most stuff, The other thing is on the back of the game case it says 2-16 players and we could only get 1 profile per xbox. We treied to log in though Split Screen then go back and try play but that has failed. I am hoping some one can help me with this trouble please. Oh by the way it does have a network IP address ect when plugged into the switch and the lights flash when you try to fresh the game log in screen.

Click Here

Reason for new thread last one was closed and cant find a new link.

So the two main problems are.

1) Cant work out how to get 4 players on one xbox on system link can only seam to do one.
2) Cant seam to get a network between consoles it wont see both consoles.

Sorry for trouble hope some one can help.

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Hello 2Dangerous and welcome to G2G, :tazz:

I need a little additional information to effectivly troublshoot your problem with you. Please answer the following questions as best you can.

1. What is the Manufacturer and Model of the Modem your connecting with?

2. What IP Configuration do you Use and What IP Configuration does your ISP reccomend? (DHCP / STATIC / ECT...)

3. What is the Model and Manufacturer of your Router / Hub / Switch? (Please also specify if using Wired or Wireless)

4. Are you using the Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter?

5. What troubleshooting steps have you already tried? (Please give full details)