Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start Menu Icons

• Please log in to reply

mantacore532

mantacore532

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
My start menu icons; mainly search and run icons are totally messed up. This also applys for the Internet Explorer and Outlook Express, when I ask for the Start Menu to display my Internet/Mail icons. I think this started when I uninstalled StyleXP (i had the i-candy icon set). I also removed the folder from Program Files and some stuff from Windows/Resources/Icons. Now my icons look like this; problem1.JPG Any help would be great.

Advertisements

BabyTech

BabyTech

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Do the icons still lead you to their respective places? Or do they not work anymore?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
download tweakui from here
http://www.microsoft...ppowertoys.mspx

install, load, go to REPAIR section and pick repair icons.

mantacore532

mantacore532

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I did TweakUI, and it didn't work, and yes the icons still lead me to the program.

BabyTech

BabyTech

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
sounds to me like you deleted the image for the icon. other then the path from where you were removing things, do you know what exactly you deleted?

mantacore532

mantacore532

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Well I deleted the entire StyleXP folder from Program Files. Then I deleted everything in The WINDOWS/Recourses/Icons folder.