Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble With DirectX Stuttering

• Please log in to reply

ucbsuperfreak

ucbsuperfreak

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, new to the boards and was hoping someone could give me a little help with a recent problem. I recently installed the new release of directx (december 21st, 2005) and have been having extraordinary troubles with stuttering in my videogames (WoW and the new Star Wars Empires Demo are the only two games i've tried), making it impossible for me to play my games. Now, as any of you know, not being able to play WoW is a problem, so I have to get to the bottom of this! :tazz: I have an Nvidia Ti4600 videocard and have updated the drivers for it and have also uninstalled and reinstalled WoW. This has never happened before on my system, but during this time I did insert a new slug of 512 DDR into my computer, but I've done this before with the same memory and never had problems before. If anyone could offer some help troubleshooting this I'd really appreciate it, I'm stumped.

Advertisements

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Start/
run/
type dxdiag and hit enter or press ok

press the button that says save all infomation
and attach that txt file to your reply

also run both tests in the display tab and let me know your results.

ucbsuperfreak

ucbsuperfreak

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Here ya go, apparently no problems were found. Dunno if it could be something under the diag program's radar.

Attached Files

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Hey

Your nVidia drivers are a little out of date there.

Click here

To download the latest version, use whatever download site you wish.

This driver is written for DirectX 9x so you should be right after this.

let me know how it goes

ucbsuperfreak

ucbsuperfreak

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
You know, I've installed these drivers twice already to the best of my knowledge and its still saying my drivers are outdated? Could it be possible that the installation isnt taking effect or something like that? Is there a way to cleensweep my old drivers before I install these new ones?

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
ok do this

start/
control panel/
add remove programs/
remove nvidia drivers/

add remove hardware/
remove graphics card

reboot