Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Printer Setup

• Please log in to reply

juice88

juice88

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello guys, first time here I guess cuz I have a problem :) Hope I get help.

OK how do you configure a local network printer on a lan which is properly set up on a 4 station workgroup setup in a city. These computers are running XP PRO and log to a terminal server on another city where they use this special program that resides on that server. The server is using Windows 2000 Server..... The problem is that they can print just on the printer that is setup on the server but the computers or workstations need to print from thier local network printer. How would it be routed back to it's local lan connection? :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
can they print to their local network printers from any other program than this terminal server session? i would assume (just a theory) that you will have to install those printers(as network printers) on the server that they are all logging into as well