Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help!

• Please log in to reply

AHeiden07

AHeiden07

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[COLOR=gray][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial] ;) Apperently my little brother was useing my computer last, and when i just had got on and turned it on, it came to this black screen that said "PXE-E61: Media Test failure, Check cable." also it doesnt reconize my pdi primary drive (hard-drive) ive tryed everything i can think of to try and solve the problem but have no idea... :< what is wrong w/ my cpu?... pls help :tazz:

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Go into bios and make sure "network" is not listed as the first boot device, in fact set it up as,

first boot device- cdr
second boot device Hdd

If the system is trying to boot from a network and there is none present this will cause this error.

I do however think the hdd has failed if it is not recognized in bios and you will need to replace it.

Rick