Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse Doesn't Turn Off with Power Down

• Please log in to reply

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Yesh I know, that is what I've been doing all along. But since this PC will be staying in the place where I have to bend over backwards to get the the darn thing, I'd rather find a better solution. So, I will let you know what's up with connection. There is no usb to ps2 adapter. :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napolιon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i would try the usb to ps2 deal...some times (as it would seem in this instance) usb ports dont turn off...but i've not seen a ps2 port that stayed active after shutdown....

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
I called Foxcon motherboard company. They said that the mouse shouldn't turn off because everything stays active. I guess the only reaosn keyboard isn't on is because its plugged in to USB.

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
04-Bigdog1100 –[Mouse does not Turn OFF]
23rd Feb 2006

[Think Positive] – Now you have a – [Night Light] –

You could use a – [Power Strip w Switch] – placed/located in a more convenient location – Then operate Switch as required –

i would try the usb to ps2 deal

If the – [Native Mouse Connector] – is [PS/2] then using USB may not be an option -

Here's what it says on theback.

Optical Mouse, 5v 100mA, S/N 030063235

Made in China

If it was a – [Hybrid Mouse] – It would have said – [PS/2 Compatible & USB Compatible] – So I doubt if it would work on a USB Port – Unless the – [Native Mouse Connector] – is an USB Connector –

See Post -Hybrid Mice

Jack123

Edited by Jack123, 23 February 2006 - 11:59 AM.

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Yeah well, I will just figure something out. I will use battery that supplies the juice to my main PC. So I can't just pull the plug whenever I want to. Besides I may use MKM switch. Let's just consider this topic complete. :tazz: