Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless LAN Adapter

• Please log in to reply

Litmatch21

Litmatch21

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I have a Spectrum24 Model: LA-4121, but the driver isn't working properly........the driver i downloaded is for XP (http://www.symbol.co...windows_xp.html).........everytime i select the setup file and follow the instructions, it always results in failure. the setup wizard doesn't recognize the adapter and the installment fails. my laptop, however does recognize the new hardware. any tips? thanx.

Advertisements

Litmatch21

Litmatch21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Update:

I was actually installing the driver incorrectly, but even after installing it properly i get the following from the Found New Hardware Wizard:

"Cannot start this Hardware
Symbol LA-41x1 Spectrum24 wrireless Lan PC Card
This device cannot start. (code 10)"

I know for sure my lan card works, and that my laptop's bios is up to date.....i don't know where to go from here. any help is appreciated.