Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

simms dont work on xp when got all needed for it

• Please log in to reply

amichcpl1

amichcpl1

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
bought a simms 2 game says puter dindnt have enough memory or video card bought all required still dont work any one have a idea whats is going onb or is there a short cut? All will be tried and answered TY MUCH

Advertisements

amichcpl1

amichcpl1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I put in 512 memory in a comp. pisireo and the simms 2 wont work on there video card is up to date PL Help. TY

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
amichcpl1...

Oh those Simms.......

When you start the game, does it give you any specific error. I know that Simms2 is epecially picky about the video card's capabilities. It also won't run very well if your machine is using the older Intel i810 chipset. You might download Everest Home Edition, and run it on your machine to see exactly what the specs really are...you can then attach an Everest log to your next post here and we can see about sorting this out.

wannabe1

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I poop on the Sims! That game has created more angst for me than any other....poorly written, buggy, over-blown ka-ka.

http://www.microsoft...or/default.mspx

Go to the Windows XP Game advisor and run it, select the SIMs2 and report back what it finds. Also, as wannabe noted, an everest report would be useful

Just to clarify, though, the Sims is unlike most games in that it will actually run (maybe not well--if you can get it to run) on a fairly modest video card

Sims is a CPU pig, rather than GPU pig.

amichcpl1

amichcpl1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
TY PPL I guess my mom has to go on he puter she dont trust my POP IN LAW she will try it and if any problems My mom will write will let U know the log in name. Again TY Much. POP in law is lucky if he can turn puter on... TY again

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
okey doke.