Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cod2 installation prob...

• Please log in to reply

D4rkAngel

D4rkAngel

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I think im alone on the earth with this installation problem lol...

at the end of the installation it ask me to register , yes or no , i click no and im getting an error..

error 1628 Failed to complete the installation...

and i cannot run the game...

anyone else having this problem and solve it!? :tazz:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
from activisions support site for cod2:

"Error 1628: Failed to Complete Installation" during installation.

Question
I get an "Error 1628: Failed to Complete Installation" during installation.

Answer
All background applications must be shutdown prior to running the game.

Change the DMA setting on the CD-ROM drive.

If you are installing the game onto the Windows XP operating system you must be using an Administrative account when installing the game. If you are running a limited user account you lack sufficient privileges to install the game.

NOTE: The page below is not operated or maintained by Activision. We have no control over the information provided there, and can make no guarantees as to it's accuracy.

If those fail to resolve your issues please take a look at the InstallShield webpage. It will assist you in making sure your system is configured properly to work with InstallShield.

If you stll have problems then you may have a bad disc. Return the game to the store you bought it at for an exchange.