Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

frame rates

• Please log in to reply

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
hey guys i was wondering if anybody no's what the frame rate or capture rate of a sony DVD703E handycam are

the reasoni ask is becasue i need to no for a physics project on collisions i need to know so i can work out some equations and other stuff.

please help my education is in Jeopardy lol

thank you :tazz:

Advertisements

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
Hi,

There are 2 types of tv systems and 1 film which have different frame rates.

1. PAL (Phase Alternate Line) - Australia, UK, and other countries - 25 frames a second, but video camera record in fields so its actually 50 fields per second, fields are half frams so 2 fields make 1 full frame,

2. NTSC (forget what is stands for) - USA - 30 frames a second, or 60 fields a second.

3. Film - 24 frames per second. no fields, they are full frames. (some video cameras can record at 24 full frames, but not your one).

troppo

troppo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
i live in australia so i belive that it captures frames at 25 times a second? is this right?
or is it 50 frames a second?

sorry to bug you but i am just making sure for my project thakyou so much for your help :tazz:

st22

st22

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 243 posts
Yes in australia its 25 frames a second. (50 fields a second). But 25 frames a second is what you would use.

troppo

troppo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
thank you so very much for your help it has saved me big time (sorry for the drama) lol

thankyou
troppo