Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Need computer help!

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just finished building my first computer. I powered it up and the fans were working and it looked like everything was alright. A few seconds later it just shuts off by itself.. I was wondering what could be the problem??

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
check evereything is plugged in properly, and that there isnt a 4 pin power connecter with nothing in it

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
check your motherboard manual to make sure you have all power connections hooked up- the 20 or the 24 pin connection depending on intel and amd- please post the specs of your computer and it would be easier to help and assist you