It is a khypermedia dvd burner (can't read model number without rebooting...its DX**02...forget the middle 2)
1. Running XP SP2
2. Updated motherboard/bios drivers
3. This drive worked 2 days ago in a different PC
4. The drive once in a while will show up after hardware changes (plugging in a pen drive, unplugging and replugging other cd drives) However, it it should reconize it it merely shows up as a removable disk.
5. The jumpers are set fine.
6. The CD drive shows up in bios, and infact, was used to install windows. Worked fine up until the first reboot of windows.
I've tried everything, please help.
Edited by lngarrett, 10 February 2006 - 05:02 PM.