Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WORD: force one Word Document to obtain the same properties as the Wor

• Please log in to reply

Sue Bee

Sue Bee

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello:
How can I force one Word Document to obtain the same properties as the Word Document I'm inserting it into. Without knowing this, any Word document I insert that has tables or tabs looks completely screwy once I insert it into an existing Word document.

I so appreciate the help!

Thanks a lot whoever you are, kind person.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What do you mean insert a word document into another, could you clarify exactly what your trying to do.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
open the source document...and higlight...and copy the desired section...then open up the destination document...right click...you should se an option called "paste special" choose that...and then choose...paste as rtf...that should keep the formatting

Sue Bee

Sue Bee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
When I write proposals, I'm often inserting information given to me by other individuals. This info is usually in Word, but with a million different paragraph specifications, tabs, margins, etc. I know how to go to Page Set up and change the margins and tabs, but there are usually many other little items, like condensed font, etc, that I don't find out about until after I see it inserted into the new file. So, wondering if there is a way you can tell the inserted file to adopt the same properties as the original. '

Also wondering if I can set up Word to always use Palatino and 11 pt font, rather than the Times settings on my computer.

Thanks!