Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange Sound Error

• Please log in to reply

Soulchaser

Soulchaser

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Basically I'm having an error similar to the one described here. The only difference is that the preview sound button is greyed out. I can't hear anything in Flash files or in Guild Wars (I haven't tried other games). I only noticed it earlier today after I got an error in Teamspeak, but it might have been going on longer. I uninstalled Teamspeak and the drivers for my soundcard, and then reinstalled the drivers but still no luck. I've got a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, and my onboard sound is disabled. Playing through wmp or winamp I can hear, so I'm stuck. The solution in that other topic didn't help me either.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Soulchaser! Welcome to G2G!

When you say you uninstalled your sound card drivers and then reinstalled them, did you use the CD that came with your sound card or did you go to the manufacturer's website and download the newest driver? If you just used the CD, then I recommend that you go download the newest version for your sound card from the manufacturer's website.

After you have rebooted from the installation of your sound card driver, go to START-->RUN and type dxdiag. In the new window that appears, click on the SOUND tab and click on TEST DIRECTSOUND. Does your computer pass the test? If not, what error did you get?

Fenor

Soulchaser

Soulchaser

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yeah, I downloaded the latest drivers. I also didn't get any errors with dxdiag.