Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Program keeps trying to install itself

• Please log in to reply

musikman_8_8

musikman_8_8

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
A week ago I recieved my new printer from Dell, and ever since I installed the printer there is a PhotoGallery program that keeps trying to install, but of course none of the discs that came with the printer have the components the installer is looking for. How do I clear this program so it won't keep trying to install?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit the select all, right click any file, click delete, confirm

Click start then run, type msconfig then press enter, click start up to look for any entries for the programme, remove any, click apply, reboot, when windows loads, tick do not stat the configuration utility

Insert the Dell CD, cancel auto run, click start them my computer, right click the drive with the Dell CD, click explore to look for the programme

With Dell Printers, choose custom install if it is an option then load only the things you need