Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What would you do....

• Please log in to reply

addy_010

addy_010

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Ok i have tried and tried to find the best computer i can for £1400 max but am having problems with doing this. I tried one website which i thought was good but turned out that they aren't actually what i wanted. I need either a website to sell all the parts or to build the exact custom PC i want. I want a PC that will last me playing all the latest games to come and some.

I am set on having the AMD x2 4400 CPU, the ATI x1900 xtx graphics card, SATA2 HD with 16mb, and atleast 2x1mb of ram as best as possible. Also want the MD to be dual DDR so that RAM is twice as good, if i am correct

I dont think ill be doing 2 graphics cards as i was told not to as they dont really do too much, just a gimmeck.

will be using me old monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, OS, and software, so all i need is the barebone system for £1400.

Ok now build me a system please, as best as possible please please please

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Your location bit there says your US, you were the same guy i was helping and it was all uk sites you were looking at am i missing something.

If you think you are up to building then i would say its your best option, it surprisingly easy nowadays especially if you have done your research and read a few of the good tutorials on the net, and 90% of the time it an enjoyable and simple experience(over 10% you get a duff part and troubleshoot it and send it back for a new one, usually a painless process if a little annoying).

Building you get the advantage of saving money as you wont have to pay someone to build it, you save money as you can pick the best deals, you get exactly what you want, and you have a bit of fun and learn something.

addy_010

addy_010

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
sorry yeah im the same guy, dont know why it says im in US, kinda weird. my god i joined on 30th may hoping to get a new computer the, and i still havent :tazz: I have posted again in my older topic, maybe you could take a look and give any suggestions.

id just like to say a big thankyou warriorscot as you have helped me considerably in getting the rihgt components for me

Edited by addy_010, 12 February 2006 - 06:49 PM.