Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

beginners looking for web hosting advice

• Please log in to reply

bigpato

bigpato

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I would kindly appreciate any advice. I am situated in Viet Nam and my girl friend has designed a webpage in microsoft publisher. all she needs to do know is secure a domain name, which will be a .com address and a reliable hosting service to run her website. then to put it online. will the web host assist her with this task?
what are the main things to check for when choosing a host and are some more reliable than others...or are they all pretty similiar in the level of service?
many thanks for any words of wisdom
mat paton www.stonelove.co.uk

Edited by bigpato, 15 February 2006 - 04:53 AM.

Advertisements

juber0

juber0

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Im not certain if your webhost will assist her with getting a .com name that she likes. She can check this website http://www.checkdomain.com/ to see which names are taken.Once she has decided and signed up for the name, the web hosting should do the rest. What I look for a provider is a very affordable ($10.00-$30.00) provider, dosent necessarly have to have all the advanced features, but the customer service has to be top of the line. I usually get http://www.smallbusiness.yahoo.com on and off, for various activities such as My old blog, my old game and more. Very good place.

Edited by juber0, 13 February 2006 - 12:05 AM.