Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

c drive

• Please log in to reply

sick666

sick666

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi i cant accsess my c drive it just freezes and i have to ctrl alt del to end task to get it off then i get an active desktop recovery box but my desktop is not active i can open my computer and go to any other drive without problem just not c drive i hav ran online spyware and virus checks i use kasperski av and firewall also hav a router i can go on the net no bother i hav used microsoft spyware removal and av tools been on the symantec online av checker
plz sum-1 help its driving me nuts :) :tazz: :)

Advertisements

sharlpero

sharlpero

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Doesn't System Restore help?

sick666

sick666

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
system restore did not help at all

RNB

RNB

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi,
It freezes, but every thing is working well? or you have other errors? any details can help..

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Hi,
Try to restart computer in safe mode and try to do it,,,if in safe mode u r still not able to go thru the c drive, log in to the admin account and chk out but i would prefer u to do it thru safe mode only,
If u r able to access c: drive fine then just create a new account and chk out by logging into the new account,
do a ctrl alt del and let me know the number of processes thats running on the account,
and i would like to know the number of partition u r having...
pls answer my questions and just get back to me best of luck
:tazz:

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
U can also try to run a scan disk on the c drive and chk out..

sick666

sick666

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
34 running process tried in safe mode cant open c drive av done scandisc nothing wrong been on microsoft trojan n anti virus scanner also trend and avg

achilles becqx

achilles becqx

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Hi,
Did u try thru the admin account in safe mode??

sick666

sick666

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hi i can open c drive wen i made a new account so can i delete the main one and just use the 1 i hav made
your help is much appreciated m8