Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

registry error.. pls. help

• Please log in to reply

Ellah

Ellah

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi there,
My pc keeps on restarting and displaying a bluescreen with a "registry error" below:

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to our computer.
REGISTRY ERROR

<....then on the last part of the message....>
*Stop: 0x00000051(0x00000003,.........,..........)
Beginning to dump of physical memory.
Physical dump complete."

I've tried all options in Start-up (pressing F8) but it just keep on restarting and displaying the message above. :) I think it's not with m memory because I tried it on other PC and it worked properly. I don't want to reformat and loose all my data in my drive. I also tried to follow the instructions in MicrosoftHelp but it didn't work out. Pls. help. Thanks a lot. :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
1. Restart your computer, keep tapping F8 during the initial start-up until you get options

Select Safe Mode with a Command Prompt.

2. Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.

3. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.

Look for a system checkpoint which is prior to the onset of the problem and restore that

For additional information about the Safe mode with a command prompt, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

A description of the Safe mode boot options in Windows XP

http://support.micro....com/kb/315222/

If no change

Please go here to repair your operating system

Repair XP

If you are unable to run Repair XP

Alternate XP Repair Guide

Use the last one - Windows Installation CD to repair the current installation, which uses a slightly different method

Windows XP repair feature won't delete your data, installed programs, personal information, or settings. It just repairs the operating system

After running the repair it will be necessary to install all Windows Updates

Microsoft Update