Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ecard download

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

malcolmp

malcolmp

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Attached File  Logfile_of_HijackThis_v1.doc   32KB   29 downloadsHi guys,

I stupidly opened an ecard suggesting that I had recieved a Valentine Card. A few screens appeared and disappeared quickly then the actual site came up with a message to say that it had been hi-jacked and I had probably downloaded something nasty, which I have!

The result is that I can no longer see my firewall and it will not let me empty the Recycle Bin. Theres probably other things that I may not have noticed yet.

I have AVG antivirus which it initially would not let me update. Also it initially would not let me access the MS Security Centre site for a scan. I have now scanned with both of these and it is not picking anything up.

I have downloaded Hi Jack this and attached the log file.

Hope you can help,

Cheers

Malcolm

Advertisements

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Hi Malcolm

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the Start Here

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself...then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum. Be patient, the Malware Forum is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual. DO NOT REPLY TO OR BUMP YOUR OWN LOG. If it shows a reply it may be overlooked as one that is being worked on.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Please do not post computer problems in the comments and suggestions forum. Topic closed.