Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Abnormal Program Termination

• Please log in to reply

YetiTibeT

YetiTibeT

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: Any help will be greatly appreciated. I've recenttly downloaded some anti spy ware software and culled a lot of files. I've also downloaded all the lates security downloads from microsoft. I'm not sure if their linked but my ET no longer works.

When i attempt to run ET or RTCW the program attempt sto start up but the screen showing all my pk files has them all down as crashed. I then get the following error message

Microsoft visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program:C:\Program Files\wolfenstein-Enemy Territory/ET.exe

abnormal program termination

To date I've tried downloading the most recent driver for my nvidia memory car, downloading older ones as well, but to no avail.

I've gone on the activision site where similar problems have been posted and taken their advice of running my video and audio drivers under the most basic settings which didn't work either.

I've also run my PC under diagnostic start up with only the most essential software running which again didn't cure it.

Any suggestions as to how i could possibly cure this problem would be greatly appreciated (I'm pulling my hair out!!)

Thanks in anticipation

Advertisements