Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Norton - LiveUpdate

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I turnon the computer I get a "block" which states in part ....system not protected....
When I click "Protect Me" another block appears stating
"LU1840: Automatic LiveUpdate is already running in the background. Please wait for this LiveUpdate session to finish before running LiveUpdate again."
It seems LiveUpdate is always running.
As a computer beginner...how can I correct this problem?
Thank You

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
did u check to see if it was updating?IE CTRL+ALT+DEL and clicking processes and seeing if it is there?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
In add / remove, uninstall live update for Norton, if it says it is running, click start then run, type msconfig then press enter then start up, look for live update, remove the tick, click apply, reboot, try add / remove again

Install live update from here