Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

frequency ranges

• Please log in to reply

1tommyboy

1tommyboy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, i'm new to post here & i'm stuck with a frequency problem for a game.
Here's the story, i have a Dell Deminsion 4550, it had a Geforce MX 4, 64mb video card in it. I bought a GeForce 5500 256mb and installed it. Everything runs great with the new card except for this game, zoo tycoon complete collection, when the game starts i can hear everything fine but the screen goes black with a warning on it that reads " OUT OF FREQUENCY RANGE H 107.2KHz V 84.9Hz"
can you help me with this problem? Thanx :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
this is not a video card issue but a monitor issue ...that warning means that the monitor cannot display the signal coming from the video card....which is odd since the default for this game should be fairly stable.

Did this work with the previous videocard? When it did, had you increased or decreased the video resoltion or quality?

If so, replace the new videocard with the old one, then start the game and set the game settings to the default, then reinsert the newer videocard. You could also uninstall the game then reinstall it with the new card and it should autodetect the settings (you might be better off installing it to a different folder since most games leave settings behind on your PC when uninstalled