Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installed Linksys Broadband Network..

• Please log in to reply

misshtml

misshtml

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I've installed the Linksys broadband wireless networking system on 2 of my computers here. Now I am unable to login to a couple of sites which require me to login. When I disconnect the router and reconnect it to the dsl modem I am able to login. What is the problem? Where can I fix this?

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
What is the model number of the router??

misshtml

misshtml

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It's a Wireless G Broadband Router with the model number WRT54G
Thank you

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Turn on the DMZ, and enter the IP address of one of the computers(make sure to save the settings). Try accessing the websites that wont let you logon while you are plug in the router. Hope that this helps.

Edited by DHooper, 19 February 2005 - 02:16 PM.

misshtml

misshtml

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I think I might have explained it wrong. It's not even letting me open the page to enter my login information. The home page has a link to click to go to the login page, and it won't open the login page any more.

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Still, try putting one of the computers in the DMZ.

logan312

logan312

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
These are probaly secured sites, and your MTU is too high to allow access to secured websites. Set your MTU to 1492, that should resolve this issue.