Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

00:00 01 Jan 2000

• Please log in to reply

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
A while ago i looked at my clock on windows and it said 00:00 so I checked the date and it said 01 January 2000 so i ran a virus check and a spyware check with free online scanners and McAfee but neither found anything and the same thing has happened today. I really don't know why this is happening and would appreciate any help.

Edited by CJIS, 16 February 2006 - 01:58 AM.

Advertisements

DeSade

DeSade

• PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
Sounds like the battery on the board is dying.

CJIS

CJIS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
But this only happens every so often and after setting it back it can work correct for about a month and sometimes even two and then just reset back to this date.

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Perhaps it's the Y2K bug ?

:tazz:

Edited by Vaillant, 16 February 2006 - 06:21 AM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
still likely a battery dying...if your PC is plugged in, it will usually retain the time data if the battery is dead.

Run a test

Set the time and date. Turn off PC. Unplug it overnight

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
I had a similar thing happen with an old PC. It would intermittently lose it's BIOS settings, a change of battery seemed to cure it.

CJIS

CJIS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Thanks everybody i will leave it unplugged overnight and see what happens if the problems continue i will replace the battery.