Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

registry

• Please log in to reply

redcrypt

redcrypt

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
im not sure where to post this but i think im having problems with my system registry. when using burning software and itunes it says missing registry editor file or something along those lines. i did some free scans and have hundreds of supposed problems. everything else works fine but i would like to be able to burn files and cd's so my question is would u reccomend buying software like registry fix or mechanic or something like that or just reformat? if I use a software I shouldnt loose any information should I?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
could you post the exact error that you get? i would not suggest using any of those registry tools...i haven't found one yet that i trust completely (some do work...i just don't like em...if i'm afraid to manually edit my registry...why would i trust a program to do it?)

redcrypt

redcrypt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
the registry settings used by itunes drivers for importing and burning cd's and dvd's are missing. Roxio doesnt even recognize a drive being present, and when i use the burning software that came with the drive i got a message one time saying something was missing but cant remember the exact message. It will allow me to place songs, files, and all sorts of data on the disc and will appear to burn it but when it says its complete the disc is still empty.

When i first got the optical drive, Sony DW-Q28A, my computer didnt recognize it at all. I tried to go through device manager and many other steps to solve the problem so I asked for help on here and the advice was to go into the system registry files and delete the upper and lower filters but i think i may have accidentaly deleted something else. Anyways after i deleted the registry files the dvd-rw drive started working but it wasnt until a couple months later i tried to burn something and it didnt work. The software it came with was NTI DVD-maker 7 gold version. I uninstalled roxio and reinstalled it several times and it still doesnt recognize a drive. its roxio easy cd and dvd creator 6 which is kinda old

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling itunes?

redcrypt

redcrypt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
no I never use itunes and the problem was happening before i even had itunes installed.