Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Using a different browser to add/or delete codes in editor

• Please log in to reply

kiwimiss

kiwimiss

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
:) oops... I had made changes in html editor using this browser and for whatever reason.. lost 2 banner displays, text box and a counter...would Mozilla cause this to happen?

I viewed in source on site and they were not there, so I then changed browser to IE went to html editor to verify. I'm aware that I just need to add the banners etc to editor and it should(hopfully) be fine... but if the cause was due to me using another browser to access my editor, please can someone tell me. :tazz: ... I'll know never do to that again :)

Thank you

Advertisements

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
You can try validating your HTML to find errors that would cause a big mess in different browsers:

http://validator.w3.org/

Just put in the site address and click check.

It tells you where and what your errors are.

kiwimiss

kiwimiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thank you

kiwimiss

kiwimiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Re:validator
Michelle... I have 16 errors. I will now follow up on how to fix them etc. apparently css seems the appropriate codes to remedy the errors.. hmmmm... and just when I got comfortable managing the basics..

Thank you again