Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant login

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
Ok, heres my problem:

i cannot login to my Yahoo Email address...i cannot loggin to WorldofWarcraft, i cant login to the site of World of warcraft

ive been talking to WoW support and they say that it is my routers..heres the exact email i was given on iwon.com email::::

-First try connecting directly to the router with an Ethernet or USB cable.

-Try bypassing your router and connect directly to your DSL or Cable modem. This will often help identify if connection issues are related to a router.

-Check for updates with your router manufacturer. These updates can often be found on your router manufacturer's website. If you need assistance please contact the router manufacturer directly.

Among these reports; the more common routers have been the Linksys WRT54GS/WRT54G and several Belkin models. Many customers have reported that the most recent released updates have resolved their connection issues.

i do have a link sys router

also KEEP IN MIND::

I am on my computer upstairs in my bedroom. My dads computer is DOWNstairs with the router, im using a entene type of thing to recieve a transmission...how do i make this so i can login to these accounts????

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
can you get to anything on the internet? google for example?

can you actually get to these sites...just not login?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
yes i can get through to sites, i can get through to this site, i can get on this account, i can get on many accounts i just cant get on yahoo nor WoW

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you tried updating the firmware on your router as they suggested?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
um, how do i do that?

they say they only give out that info, they wont tell me how to actually do it

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what kind of router is it?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
linksys

i dunno much, like i said im upstairs on a diff computer, the computer the router is connected to is my dads computer which is downstairs

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
is the door locked? is your dad asleep and crazy? if you're expecting help we need information....i mean...i've got a truck....can you fix it?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
hes playing COD2, and i kinda pissed him off cause i left my cellphone @ school, so yea he's what you can consider crazy right now

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
i know what the router looks like...probably can find a pic

ah, of what i know its one of the blue ones with 2 entena thingys=

http://www.linksys.c...FVisitorWrapper

oh and theres like 2, 1 on top of 1 but only 1 set of 2 entenas

Edited by 123333, 17 February 2006 - 03:38 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
all linksys routers are blue....and any of the wireless ones have two antennae.....you're not willing to help me so..i'm no longer willing to help you...it's best not to try the patience of someone who is tryiing to help you...have a good day

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
im willing to help you but im not willing to go downstairs and go through my dad while he is pissed, how about, once he leave which is sometime tonight, ill go down ther and see what it is, and yes i have a wireless internet connection..ill make another post l8r once my dad goes out

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
ok i finally found out the router type i have..it is=

Linksys WRT54G

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you will need to see what version the router is
(there should be a sticker that says it....check the second link for a picture)

http://linksys.custh...li=&p_topview=1

http://linksys.custh...li=&p_topview=1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
ah ok didnt think you would respond back, ok, so now that i know the version, do i do the update on this computer or the original computer that the router is hooked up to

I am on my computer upstairs in my bedroom. My dads computer is DOWNstairs with the router, im using a entene type of thing to recieve a transmission...how do i make this so i can login to these accounts????

note that my brother is able to login into his yahoo email and his computer has the same connection to everything as mine does

i also have another question, how do you check what kind of version of firmware you have?

Edited by 123333, 27 February 2006 - 02:00 PM.