Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI VIDEO CARD PROBLEMS

• Please log in to reply

Lavitz

Lavitz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
If anyone can help me i would appreciate it very much. You see, i got this new computer a couple of weeks ago, and on my last computer i played my xbox off of using a ati card with a video adapter to hook the xbox up to.

Well, when i got my new computer (Dell XPS 400) i got an ATI X600 video card with it. So i went to the ATI site to download the multimedia center that goes to windows media center edition, and when i install the program and go to the TV, it displays a message saying " The TV Player failed to initialize." It says i don't have the correct video driver. I've tried searching the internet and i came up with nothing. I checked the Device manger but everything i think of just doesn't help. Please someone help me. i don't know what else to do.

P.S. - I tried putting my old video card in, but it wont fit.

Advertisements

howell414

howell414

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
you sure you got the right download for your ATI video card? take a look at the video card packaging, is it Radeon? All in wonder?

try looking here: https://support.ati....ge&folderID=294

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
there is no ati 600 with tv capabilities that I am aware of --it can output probably to a television, but no input like the all in wonder cards