Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet explorer mixed

• Please log in to reply

mjcaluza

mjcaluza

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
hello please help me to configure my internet explorer 6, yesterday it was working fine then it was disconnected then i tried to modify all the internet explorer by clicking all the settings on its connection to sum up i mixed up the connection i think it went worse because on my router my laptop could connect it to the internet via wireless by my wired desktop couldn't, the LAN says connected and the internet gateway is recognized but still my internet explorer still says "page cannot be displayed". could please some one help me to connect my desktop to the internet please. I have tried everything i've have check, i did put them back to default and still won't work, i have phoned netgear and they said there's nothing wrong with my router. please any suggestion?please help thanks.

Advertisements

mjcaluza

mjcaluza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
please anyone?i'm really desperate

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello and welcome to GeeksToGo. Please be patient. As you can see by browsing around, we have hundreds of others waiting for help. Much of our Trusted Tech Staff (the people who help in this area of the boards) is gone to bed now. There will be a few off and on through the night. Someone will post to you as soon as they can. If not tonight, then it will be sometime tomorrow, I assure you.

I will keep an eye on this thread. If there's no reply by the time I get home from my interview in the morning, I'll grab a TT to poke in here. :tazz:

mjcaluza

mjcaluza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
sorry because nthis is the only to check if i pass my exam thanks, i'll wait. thanks again

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hi mjcaluza,
I had difficulty following your initial post as to what went wrong; please clear a few things up for me:

yesterday it was working fine then it was disconnected

So, it was working fine, and then it disconnected...? And you couldn't get it reconnected? So you decidied to mess around with it's settings? Or was it working fine, and then you decided to mess around with it's settings, which resulted in a loss of connectivity?

Please goto Start --> Run --> type CMD and press OK --> then type: IPCONFIG /ALL - please post the results here by right-clicking on the Command Prompt window, selecting 'Select All', pressing the Enter key, and then posting on this forum. Alternately, you can save your information to a text file by using the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL > C:\ipconfig.txt -- navigate to that text file, and copy/paste the information from it.

Please insert your Windows XP CD, and then goto Start --> Run --> type CMD and press OK --> then type: sfc /scannow -- If prompted, allow Windows to repair any missing or corrupted files.

Try WinsockFix. Once run, reboot and test your connection. Are you able to connect?

Thanks,
Dan.