Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shutdown, Hibernate and Recent Files Problems

• Please log in to reply

smiffy

smiffy

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Whenever i want to shutdown my computer, i have to do it twice. The first time i 'shut it down', it simply closes all the programs and processes. The next time i do it, it actually shuts down.

I like to use the hibernate function. In power options, i set it up to hibernate when i press the sleep button on my keyboard. However, every time i reboot my pc, i have to go back into power settings and do it again. Hihgy exasperating.

In all my programs (not just office, everything), it never records the recent files (ya know, where you have the files you most recently used in that program). Well, it might record them, but they never show up.

Many, many thanks in anticipation for your help and support.

- Smiffy.

Advertisements

smiffy

smiffy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
The hijack this log is attached - dont know if you need it or not.

- Smiffy.

Edited by smiffy, 17 February 2006 - 06:25 AM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
you are infected with the Optix.Pro virus

smiffy

smiffy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
What does it do?

How do i get rid of it?

Thanks,

- Smiffy.

smiffy

smiffy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Is it THIS thread that i should be following?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
yes

smiffy

smiffy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
As i dont have any of those in the first two links (beginning winfixer and spyaxe), do i still need to do them?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I do not know that you don't have them, do you?

I took a quick look and that one jumped out at me right away--I did not spend a lot of time looking for others as we have very carefully segmented the areas of this website to ensure that people are helped in the quickest manner possible.

THAT area is for malware, which you have. Follow the instructions as best possible then POST a log IN THAT FORUM. If your problem persists after a malware expert clears you, then return here.

smiffy

smiffy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Oh, ok. I misunderstood.

Many thanks.