Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IRQ issue

• Please log in to reply

drewowens

drewowens

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
In device manager, I am showing that irq 16 is being shared by a
generic cardbus controller
USB universal host controller
UAA bus driver for high definition audio and
express chipset family

If I delete each of these and reboot will that fix my sharing issue or crash my computer?

Drew

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
maybe you should describe the sharing issue first so we can see if it's even related

drewowens

drewowens

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

maybe you should describe the sharing issue first so we can see if it's even related

The challenge I am having right now is my wireless connection is not working so I am looking for things that might be causing it to not work.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what do you mean by not working??

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

In device manager, I am showing that irq 16 is being shared by a
generic cardbus controller
USB universal host controller
UAA bus driver for high definition audio and
express chipset family

There are 16 IRQs as standard on every PC made since IBM's original specification sheet of 1981, though modern systems do have the ability to go up to 25 with caveats.

As you may appreciate, there are usually more devices needed than there are available IRQs. Therefore you will see a lot of them being shared with quite a lot of other things. This is intended behaviour under Windows.

As an example on my own computer, I have IRQ 10 being shared by my Network adaptor, sound, SATA controller and a USB controller. All of them work absolutely fine.

Deleting them won't actually make any difference because when Windows finds them, it'll just put them back at IRQ 16 in shared-mode.

Anyway the upshot of this theory side is that it probably has nothing to do with why your wireless doesn't work. :tazz: