Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ports for Star Trek Armada 2

• Please log in to reply

Spacehopper

Spacehopper

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, I'm trying to set up port forwarding to play Star Trek Armada 2, but I don't know what ports it uses! Can anyone help me?

Advertisements

Spacehopper

Spacehopper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
does no-one know then? :tazz: :)

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You could try A. google source of all knowledge. B portfordwarding.com source of all port fordwarding knowledge including ports for almost everything.

Armada is a very old game, ive played it but never online so i couldnt tell you the port, if your desperate you could set teh router DMZ basically all ports open but its kinda dangerous.

Spacehopper

Spacehopper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I've tried both and neither has the ports used by Armada - I wouldn't say it's a very old game, since portforwarding.com has infor for Elite Force, which is a couple of years older than Armada.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its a pretty old game, i remember playing it and i got it off one of the flight seargents at my cadet squadron in the days when i was still a cadet so that must have been over four years, and it wasnt new then.

Like i said you could try DMZing the router i do it as its easier than opening up indiviual game ports for everything. And if google doesnt have it then its your best bet, have you tried the mad doc website(i think they made it).

Spacehopper

Spacehopper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I've solved the problem now, thanks, they were in the nethelp.txt file :tazz: and I DMZ my router. Thanks everyone