Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to use Green Screen on the gimp

• Please log in to reply

Josiah

Josiah

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
I am a totally new at Gimp and would like some help with a project I am doing...I found this totorial on how to use green screen or blue/orange screen in the gimp here is the article i found:

http://software.news...?tid=75&tid=131

I always get to the step where i have cut the green out but the image that is left is on a whit background and i can't get "the marching ant line" aroundd the image i have left so i can cut it out and paste it unto a transparent layer so i can put it untop of another image!

can anyone help me with this or give me a better way as soon as you can
thanks a lot

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you using the "select contiguous regions" tool to select the image??

Josiah

Josiah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
to select the color screen i am using the "select regions by color" tool than clicking on the green/blue screen an hitting cut i am left with the image i want on a white background and am stuck there. Should i use a differnt tool

Edited by Josiah, 17 February 2006 - 04:18 PM.

Josiah

Josiah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
if nobody on this forum can help me, could you point me to another forum?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
AFTER selecting regions by color...and removing all the green...you can use the contiguous area selector to select all that white...then invert the selection and drag the central (non green) image over to your transparent background...or wherever

Josiah

Josiah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
thanks so much it worked great (and it came just in time for my deadline)